I had a parvo puppy and I hope this will help you all. My parvo started to die slowly in the first 2 days and on the last day he almost was dead, its a Rottweiler, however, you can treat him at home but its not a simple task, buy the lactated ringer from pharmacy, and 2 types of antibiotic which is tetracycline and panthera, you should keep him hydrated thats the most important thing to do, now listen up..2 drip IV's ( take him to vet just to put you the drip only in his arm), 2 IV's one in the morning 150mlm, and one in the evening 250mlm, try to give him the antibiotic in the evening because they are the weakest in the night time, remember every 12 hours!!if you manage to do this your puppy will survive and start to walk after 5th day, remember do not try to feed him or syringe them with water, it will only makes them worse, only when they ask to be fed, give them small portions of chicken breast with rice through the day and he will be just fine, my puppy is now walking again and he recovered from it just couple of days ago..
If it will eat baby food. Thats a blan diet and Baby formula or puppy formula. Make sure the puppy has lot of water. If the puppy likes chicken noddle soup give that to him. If he stops drinking get a syringe for taking medicine and feed the puppy with that. Make sure it is always puppy something. Bleach is the only thing that kills the virus when cleaning up after the puppy use bleach water. You also need to treat your shoe with bleach water too. If you need anymore help leave a shout out to me.
I have a adalt dog that had parvo he was so sick he couldnt move he had it for about 4 days before he started puking I started giveing him water in a syrenge and hunny about a teaspoon every hour so his blood sugar wouldnt drop and make him get worse then I was giving colloidal silver about 2 to 3 ccs EVERY HOUR for a big dog it work amazingly just 3 or 4 hours later he was walking aroud and actully stopped being as depressed the next day he was running and had a appitite pedialyte works good to it keeps then hydrated and gives themelectrolytes my dad almost died but just from useing these 3 simply things I SAVED HIS LIFE
My puppy is just now getting over parvo.. He has had a dramatic recovery! I tell you, he had me and my husband scared. He would not eat for days and would not drink either. I have to give him a iv with fluids every 4 hours of 200ml to keep him hydrated. There were no signs of recovery the first 3 or 4 days and than suddenly, dramatic recovery! He started to drink a bit and we got a bland diet food from the vet and slowely fed him only a little bit at a time. Also mixing a bit of rice with his food as well. After a few days on that, I started giving him a small amount of science diet hard food and he is doing ok with it! Hope this helps!
Try calling a local veternarian clinic instead of a vet hospital. They told me that it is a $2,000.00 job to save my PitBulll puppy and that was 4 years ago. I took my dog to a small vet and it cost me 75.00 a day and my pup was only in there 4 days. It all just depends if you catch the parvo in its early stage because it is destoryong he whiteblood cell count and the dog is dehidrating and very lathargic. How do you know y our puppy has parvo for sure?