My Dog Ate Paint, Will He Be Ok?

2 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Paints usually contain lead and lead is toxic for dogs. So, your dog might be having lead poisoning. Symptoms of lead poisoning are

1. Vomiting
2. Diarrhea
3. Abdominal pain
4. Loss of appetite
5. Muscle tremors
6. Weakness
7. Anxiety
8. Seizures
9. Blindness
10. Deafness
11. Shortness of breath
12. Increased thirst and urination
13. Loss of mental alertness
14. In coordination
15. Behavioral changes

Treatment includes

1. Gastric lavage
2. Surgery
3. Administration of chelating agents
4. IV administration of fluids
5. Anticonvulsant medicines

So, take your dog to vet.
Shayne  Chapman Profile
Shayne Chapman answered
It depends on the type of paint.my mom says
thanked the writer.
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
All in all thankfully he was fine... He ended up getting it all back up!!! Thank you for your help!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!
Emily

Answer Question

Anonymous