Is Silica Gels Dangerous If My Dog Swallowed Some?


2 Answers

Jacquelyn Mathis Profile
Alone, silica gel is non-toxic, non-flammable and chemically non-reactive. HOWEVER, some of the beads may be doped with a moisture indicator, such as cobalt (II) chloride, which is toxic and may be carcinogenic. Cobalt (II) chloride is deep blue when dry (anhydrous) and pink when hydrated. This is one reason most silica gel packets are labelled as dangerous or poisonous when eaten.
You should get him to the vet, good luck.
Kejal Patel Profile
Kejal Patel answered

Silica gel is not dangerous. If any one swallows it or eat it then there is nothing to worry . Because the material used in it is not dangerous and will not do harm to your body.

Answer Question