Anonymous

What Happens If Your Dog Eats Oil Paint?

3 Answers

are you kidding me are you happy now Profile
The sweet smell of oil and similar paints attract mammals and insects; oddly, the odors can be more toxic than the substance! A tiny amount will not harm your dog, but large amounts may cause choking and/or stomach pains and/or vomiting and/or diarrhea (n.b., vomiting can be very bad, as the oil may come up and lodge in your pet's throat, causing asphyxiation). Bring your pet to a vet if it becomes listless, or throws-up for more than 10 minutes, or has trouble breathing.

Fortunately, as with many other things we and our pets ingest, this, too, shall pass!  ;)

Reference: www.vetinfo.com
nettie Profile
nettie answered
Check with a vet, in the mean time watch your pet closely for any unusual symptoms...you may have to have his stomach pumped..the best to you

Answer Question

Anonymous