Start Benadryl at a dose of 1 milligram per pound of body weight given orally every 8-12 hours. Use the Children's Liquid Benadryl (12.5milligrams per 5 milliliters). If you use any tablets/capsules you will be overdosing your little dog.
If your dog still is having discomfort--contact your veterinarian for appropriate medication. Do NOT give any human pain medications at home--especially with such a small breed dog there is a huge risk of overdose.
Try some "aldolphs meat tenderizer"!!just make a paste-about one half tablespoon of "aldolphs" and a few drops of water,then gently apply to the sting and the red area in a circular motion.there is something in it (I believe allumn)that relives the pain and reduces swelling.this also works on "ant,spider,mosquito,bee" etc. Bites.try it,it works!!
If you let it be it should be OK because my wee dog put a wasp in his mouth yesterday and it was very small but after a couple of hours it was fine.
Wasp bite is very painful. You can apply topical hydrocortisone cream twice a day for 2-3 days and take anti allergy medicines and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs.
Wet tobacco.If you wet tobacco down and apply it to the area, it will help pull the sting out of it.
Put something cold on it like a soda can or baggie of ice water, take benadryl or an antihistamine, try some cortisone or other anti-itch cream, and see a doctor if the swelling is near air passages or eyes or spreads more than 7 or 8 inches from the sting or if there is any sign of breathing trouble or passing out. The swelling might take several days to go away (and stop hurting and itching.)
If there is no swelling I wouldn't worry to much. Wash the area and put on some antibiotic ointment. Stings on humans and pets are usually tender, just show him/her some love. If behavior, bowl movements, or apitite changes get vet help.
My mom would use white vinegar to neutralize the toxins and apply a bandaid with honey on it. Honey has natural antibacterial properties and it always work for me.
I'm not sure if this will work on a wasp sting for a dog but it works on humans. I have even tried on myself. Make a paste mixture of baking soda and water and spread it on the area after you remove the stinger. This mixture will draw the heat and irritation away. Then after that try a cold pack and that will take the swelling down. Good luck!!
Dogs do not react much to wasp stings. Just make sure the stinger is out and let it be
A tea bag is quite effective for drawing out the stinger and reducing pain.just open the teabag and add a small amount of water to make a wet muddy like spot over the affected area. The relief is almost instantanious.
Either honey or corn syrup applied to the sting will remove the pain. If you do not have these avaiable, use a cold compress, ice it
That depends on the localized reaction. Most canines are not too reactive to wasp, bee and hornet stings. Those that strike on the face are most likely to cause a reaction, like swelling, bump, and itching. There are many medications prescribed for humans that are safe and recommended for use in dogs. Come see me for more specific information, liveperson, ask for Maya Moon, professional dog trainer, breeder!
I was stung by a wasp last night this morning there is a lot os swelling and really sore I see a white spot were I was stung is this ok ?