What Does A Cat Do After He Eats Rat Poison?


3 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Effects of rat poisons in cats can be different according to age of cat and type of poison. Younger and old cats are more prone to develop toxic reactions. Following signs are observed when a cat accidentally ingest rat poison.

1. Vomiting
2. Diarrhea
3. Seizures
4. Frequent urination
5. Lethargy
6. Coma
7. Difficulty in walking
8. In-coordination
9. Coughing
10. Breathing problems
11. Lameness
12. Depression
13. Bleeding
14. Loss of appetite

Treatment can be different for poisons.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I had a cat his name was dragon and well I was in the hospital because I had cancer but one night my aunt came from work and she found my cat dead in the side walk and my cat was bleeding from his nails and nose but it was to late but if that happens to your cat you should take him to the vet no matter what time is it as fast as you can.
Leah Profile
Leah answered
My dog ingested rat poison - he became lethargic, ate and drank only if you hand fed him, labored breathing, he lost all pigment in his gums/tongue, wouldn't move...I would get your cat to the vet asap, if you haven't done so already. You might even notice blood in their urine/stool or nose bleeds. I hope all turns out well for your cat.

Answer Question