My Dog Ate A Liquid Pack Of Albuterol For My Nebulizer And We Do Not Know How Much She Ingested. She Has Been Acting Very Strange, Panting, Shallow Breathing And Fast Heart Rate And Throwing Up For 3 Days. Can You Help?

1 Answers

Jessica Smith Profile
Jessica Smith answered
At the correct dose rate Albuterol is a bronchodilator that allows greater airflow into the lungs.  Overdose of Albuterol can be fatal.  Effects can include nervousness, tremor, dry mouth, chest pain, rapid uneven heart rate, high blood pressure, nausea, sweating, dizziness, seizure, fainting and cardiac arrest.  You should have sought veterinary attention for your dog as soon as you realised he had consumed your medicine.  Your dog may require IV fluids, medication to reverse the effect of Albuterol (beta blockers) and other supportive and symptomatic treatment.  You should seek veterinary attention as soon as possible.

Answer Question

Anonymous