Anonymous

Do Shiatsu Dog Shed A Lot?

5

Cindy Thompson Profile
Cindy Thompson answered
Shih-tzus do not shed. Just like people, they have hair. When we comb our hair some hair comes out in the comb; however, they do not shed. They are highly recommended for people with allergies, and are also good with children. I was a breeder for 20 years of this particular breed. They were bred for companionship. They originated in China.
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
Thanks for the info I have just bought my first shiatsu bitch and was wandering if she would shed....
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
I am looking at Shiatsu Lab mix puppies - we would like to adopt a female as a companion for our 2 year old - very loving aussie/lab mix - what do you think?
Nancy Araujo Profile
Nancy Araujo answered
I can back Thmpsn on this as I've had a Shih tzu and he did not shed.  Only a little hair in the brush but Ziggy had long hair and I brushed him every day to keep it nice.  No dog hair to vacuum or sweep up!
I donĀ“t know but you should ask a local vet about your concerns
Yes. This is the time of year when most of them are groomed with shorter hair due to the heat.

Anonymous