Anonymous

Do Maine Coon Cats Make Good Pets?

6

I have 16 maine coons and my family and I think that the #1 cat in the usa should be maine coons, but they are #2 haha!   Maine Coons are known for their mystical stories.
Maine conns are 2nd most popular, and very sweet,
(not to mention BEAUTIFUL)   they are affectionate, cuddly, intelligent and talkative!   Maine Coons are actually the second most popular cat within America and they have been for years just behind the Persian. In the UK more and more people are cottoning on to the fact that the Maine Coon does in fact make a brilliant pet and they are fast becoming more and more popular.

They tend to have extremely affectionate natures and despite their huge size they really are big softies! Also looking at them you would think due to their long coats that you would have to groom them quite frequently. However, they do not need half as much grooming as you would think and you may be able to get away with grooming them just a couple of times a week. They are beautiful looking cats and their size really is impressive.

Overall the Maine Coon is a very loyal, affectionate pet cat and whilst they can be expensive, they are definitely worth every penny!
Aimee Rogers Profile
Aimee Rogers answered
Maine Coons are actually the second most popular cat within America and they have been for years just behind the Persian. In the UK more and more people are cottoning on to the fact that the Maine Coon does in fact make a brilliant pet and they are fast becoming more and more popular.

Laura Smith
Laura Smith commented
i have 2 maine coons and they are sweetie pies and my uncle raises maine coons for show. they can be little clowns and extremely close to those they like !! i adore mine.
I have a Maine Coon cat. He warms my heart. All he wants is to play and be loved. He is nearly human.
Laura Smith
Laura Smith commented
mary i feel that way a lot...so human like they can be. and they are intelligent leader, i agree with that. super cuddly and affectionate.
Jordian P. Profile
Jordian P. answered
Maine Coons are known for their mystical stories.
(not to mention BEAUTIFUL)
Jordian
Hanna Whilson Profile
Hanna Whilson answered

Maine Coons are great family pets. They are very good and patient with children. They are naturally very curious and playful. It has to be noted that the Maine coon is the largest domestic cat breed. If you want to get a big cat, I can suggest looking through the list of the largest cat breeds here https://www.catfoodpoint.com/largest-domestic-cat-breeds/. I used to have a Siberian cat. She was smaller than Maine Coon, but she was also great.

I have three maine coons, and I totally agree with this answer - they are affectionate, cuddly, intelligent and talkative!

Anonymous