Anonymous

How Many People In The World Have Dogs As Pets, And How Many Have Cats?

4

James Parnell Profile
James Parnell answered
How many people in the world have dogs, and how many people have cats?

The total number of people with pets that are either dogs or cats is extremely difficult to determine, but it has been estimated that there are 202 million cats in the world, and 171 million dogs.

The cat is the most popular domestic pet in the world, with the dog coming in a close second.

Cats and dogs are by far the most popular pets in the western world. The common trend in western countries is for there to be slightly more homes in which dogs are kept as pets, but those homes which do have pet cats tend to have more of them.

Here are the official statistics for pets:

• Cats: 202 million worldwide, 94.6 million in the United States.
  • Dogs: 171 million worldwide, 77.5 million in the United States.
  • Fish: 171.7 million in the United States.
  • Small mammals: 15.9 million in the United States.
  • Birds: 15 million in the United States.
  • Reptiles and amphibians: 13.6 million in the United States.
  • Equine: 13.3 million in the United States.

The top 10 countries whose residents live most of all dogs included the United States (70 million), China (27 million), Russia (12.5 million), Japan (12 million), the Philippines (11.6 million), India ( 10.2 million), Argentina (9.2 million), Great Britain (9 million), France (7.6 million) and South Africa (7.4 million).

The leaders in the number of domestic cats were the United States (74 million), China (53 million), Russia (17.8 million), Brazil (12.5 million), France (11.5 million), Germany (8.2 million), Great Britain (8 million), Italy (7.4 million), Ukraine (7.4 million) and Japan (7.3 million).

I myself have a dog that I just adore and it’s everything for me, so I constantly walk with her, play, have fun and try to pamper her. That’s why I bought HI-TOR Veterinary Select Reduso Diet Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag to keep my dog well fed and healthy

Wow! There are so many cats and dogs in the world. I didn't think that they are so widespread. However, we know so little about our small fluffy friends. I started reading the site Pets Byte which tells different interesting facts. Moreover, it helps dog owners to treat their pets carefully and correctly.

Anonymous