If your dog has a mole on her belly, there are several things you need to know and look out for:
- Just like humans, dogs can get moles and skin tags. Generally, these are harmless and nothing to worry about.
- Dogs usually get more skin tags as they get older.
- Moles are harder and firmer, whereas skin tags or loose or floppy.
- Moles and skin tags and non-cancerous. However, a mole-like tumors can be a symptom of cancer.
- You can tell these cancerous moles apart because they change in size. Some will grow, while others and fluctuate in size due to the release of histamine in the skin.
- If you see a change in the size of a mole on your dog, or if the area around it looks swollen or red - then you should contact a vet to get this examined further.