It depends on what kind/brand of soap it is. You would have to check the "Active ingredients" and contact your vet or the poison control center in your area. Most generally, it will only cause some GI upset (Vomiting &/or diarrhea) . If this happens you can always withhold it's food for 24 hours, make sure it has access to plenty of water & feed cooked white rice & low fat cottage cheese. Either together or separately, in small quantities like 1/2 to 1 cup at a time, smaller quantities for smaller dogs.
My lab eats it all the time (obviously we don't encourage it, but bite marks in the soap, missing bars, and shower-fresh breath give it away. No idea why. He's eaten probably 25 bars in his 3 years of life and he's no worse for the wear. As the other responder said, soap is relatively low on my list of worries compared to raisins, chicken bones, and other poisonous things, and it smells better than when he rolls in something.
My dog just did this yesterday. He is a 7 month old Yellow Lab and he ate the whole bar. He seems fine so far. Just a bit of running poop.
Don't worry. Upset tummy and runny poo is about all you should expect.
You should get him to the vet, or at the very least call and find out what you should do, this could be toxic to his system, so I think you should really take the pup in to be seen. Hope this helps, good luck to you and the pup.
My dog ate a bar of dial soap and I didn't know about it until about 3 hours later when she threw up, what do I do?
Soap will act like a laxative,enough said
You could induce vomiting or let nature takes its course. Once its out he'll be alright
Take her to the vet cause it might be toxic
Take it to the vet.
She/He might get laxatives
Give him some water. Just think, what would I want after eating a bar of soap, oh yeah water. Now you can nickname him BUBBLES.
Don't let it drink water
He may choke.
Administer a mild laxative and watch it. It should be fine, try to keep things away from it that it will eat. Get the dog a pork femur if you can, they love it.
Call a vet, its free.
Try making him cough it out , and take it to the vet , he may know what to do.