How Can You Tell If Your Dog Has Provo?

10 Answers

Angel Whitley Profile
Angel Whitley answered
Well Parvo is an Intestinal Disease. My Chocolate lab had pups and we kept two of them and at the time we did not know what parvo was either. Well one day I outside and noticed my Black Lab wasn't acting right, He really wasn't playing right and he wouldn't eat and he would only get water. Well I thought that maybe he was not hungry at the time and he would eat later. So the next day I went out there to feed them and he still wouldn't eat and he didn't even drink water. Well as I was out there I noticed he had a bowl movement and it was Diarreah. Well that started to concern me. Then the next day I went out there he would not even come out of the Dog house and I noticed the blood in his stool, so I took him to the vet and they done a test on him and it come out that he had parvo. Well we had to put him to sleep cause it was so bad within three days of time. Then I took the mother of the dogs up there and our other puppy so they could get there parvo shots, well when we got home our other puppy started showing signs so we took him back to the vet and they started an  IV and was giving him penicillian. Well after all the money spent he survived it, so if your dog is showing those signs you need to get him/her to the vet quickly and start medication...There still might be a chance that he/she might not back it but if you catch it in time hopefully it will be a good chance like our dog had...But I will let you know it is expensive but if you own an animal you should make sure you have the money to keep them in good health...you know..Animals are like human beings, but not trying to make you mad but just some good advice...But let me know how your dog is.....Good Luck...Hope everything is fine..
thanked the writer.
heather
heather commented
i just lost my dog to parvo in less then three days he had all his shots but he still got it here is a web site that might help you it will give you all you need to know about parvo www.workingdogs.com/parvofaq.hmt
Tia Gooch
Tia Gooch commented
Its been 6 days almost 7 but thanks 4 the help :)
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
We had a 4 month old puppy get it was just about dead had a 30% chance to make it through the night and now 4 weeks later he is going strong but we did lose 3 of the other puppies
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
My dog had puppies thir 5 or 8 months old well I woke up to check my dogs well my only male dogs got it I think .he can't hardley walk at all hes trying so badly I don't have 1,000 dollers to see if they do I'm scared my other dogs are going to get it . I have 4 chaw aias. I hate parvo so much
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I just lost my dog to parvo, its really contagious between dogs. ( they get it from eating dog poop from a dog that had it already) so keep your lawns clean and boulevard if you have any.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Symptoms of parvo in dogs are diarrhea (sometimes bloody diarrhea), dehydration, vomiting, lethargy, loss of appetite etc. Parvo is a viral infection in dogs especially in puppies that is caused by a virus. Parvovirus attacks on the lymphoid tissue, intestine and bone marrow. Transmission of this virus is through feces of infected dogs and contaminated objects. Fecal and blood tests and abdominal X-rays are needed to diagnose parvovirus. Acute attacks of Parvo can not be managed at home and require hospitalization. Treatment is done for symptomatic relief. Vaccination against parvovirus is also available.
Shelly Holcomb Profile
Shelly Holcomb answered
My puppy is not eating throwing up red stuff and not drinking and laying around
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I lost my puppy to that dam parvo :/ she was about only 4 months only barked once 3 days
TAMA KIRKPATRICK Profile
Provo will kill so quickly you won't even have timeto find out what it was or wasn't it kills a dog very fast. They won't eat and blood in there stool and yes getting sick over and over. Like non stop.. It attacks there insides.
thanked the writer.
kim nesmith
kim nesmith commented
I have a vet. appt today at 4. he has had his shots and has been wormed several times there is no stools because he is not eating only throw up. this is the 2nd day. thank you for your help.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
You can love the dog, and not put him to sleep, if you live in North Carolina and not in Utah.
thanked the writer.
View all 4 Comments
Ronnie Maye
Ronnie Maye commented
Reread his statement. He was referring to Provo, which is a city in Utah...as that is what the question states. I think the poster meant Parvo. The majority of dogs presented with parvovirus show signs of fever, lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite. In severe cases the diarrhea is very watery and frequently bloody, with a telltale odor. They are very ill, with significant abdominal pain. The virus is so strong that it literally causes the lining of the intestines to slough. It is painful to eat, and with the severe diarrhea and vomiting that is present, they rapidly become dehydrated. The also have a disruption in their electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chlorine) that adds to the weakness.
Anonymous
Anonymous commented
I will NEVER go to Utah again. Oh, and Whitley, lighten up.
Nancy Araujo
Nancy Araujo commented
Come on you guys, this person is asking for help and you feel the need to give them an "aha" moment?? Right Guy, don't know you but, are you ever serious?
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
My puppies have diarrhea but they still eating good.my pups are 3 months old. Help.

Answer Question

Anonymous