Crocodiles do indeed live in the River Nile. In fact, they're known as Nile crocodiles and are truly awe inspiring reptiles. Nile crocodiles are the second largest crocodiles in the entire world, with saltwater crocodiles being the largest.
Here are some interesting facts about Nile crocodiles:
- The Nile crocodile can grow to a staggering 16 feet in length.
- They can weight anywhere up to 1100 lbs.
- There are an estimated 500,000 Nile crocodiles in existence through the world.
- Nile crocodiles are found within a variety of locations, including swamps, lakes, rives, and even coastal areas.
- The largest Nile crocodile ever witness was approximately 21 feet in length and weighed around 2400 lbs.
- Nile crocodiles are not exclusive to the River Nile, and can be found in many areas of the African continent.
- The Nile crocodile can live up to a staggering 100 years.
So there you have it. Crocodiles certainly do live in the River Nile, and they happen to be one of the most incredible crocodiles in existence.
Here's a video looking at Nile crocodiles that's really interesting. I don't think I'd be brave enough to get in the water with one of them like this guy does!