Anonymous

Is A Ringneck Snake Poisonous? Is It Safe To Keep As A Pet?

9

9 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Ringnecks are not poisonous,but they do bite. Don't worry though, they won't leave a mark or any thing. But you need to worry about its constricting,because it will start to hurt.
So, overall Ringnecks are not poisonous and is a great pet.
Aisha Profile
Aisha answered
They are called Diadophis punctatus. Most of the ringneck snakes are not poisonous and you can keep them at home. See here for reference:

www.kentuckysnakes.org
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I don't think so I have one and it has not even attemted to bit enyone and I live with four little kids
Dale Douglas Profile
Dale Douglas answered
If you are talking about the ones in New England that live near water, then yes they are poisonous. They won't kill you or anything, just might make you sick (throw up, diarrhea, a lot of pain at bite site). Keep at your own risk. I also believe that they only eat fish too, you can buy cheap comet fish for like .50 cents at most pet stores. Hope this helps!
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Me ether I just got one and never tried to strike
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Are you asking about a ring neck snake that is shiny black with yellow ring and white belly?

Answer Question

Anonymous