How Long Does It Take For Copperhead To Kill You?


1 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
If you are referring to the North American Copperhead, Agkistrodon contortrix, the answer is most likely NEVER. There has never been a documented death from a Copperhead bite in humans. Even though they are venomous, the Copperhead has the mildest or weakest venom of any of North America's venomous snakes. A Copperhead bite is still serious, since the venom causes intense pain and swelling and destruction of tissue around the bite, which can lead to gangrene and eventually result in loss of a digit or limb, combined with infection, but unless a person is already in really bad shape, physically, death is highly unlikely.

Answer Question