Anonymous

What Kind Of Human Food Can You Feed Cats?

11

wilbert u can call me sue Profile
Cats are very finnikey, so best not to feed them human food, as their stomachs may become upset, but in an emergency, if you ran out of cat food, you can always give them a tin of tuna or other fish.  But beware, as they may grow to like this and will not return to regular cat food.  In a bind, my friends once made scrambled eggs for his cats as he was concerned because he was out of cat food.  This you should not make a habit of, a once in a blue moon treat till you can get to the store.  Also, cow's milk is one of the worst things you can give to a cat, cause it is made for a cows digestive system and is very hard on cats unlike popular belief
Jacquelyn Mathis Profile
They can have a little once in a while, they can eat chicken, absolutely no bones though, it splinters in their throats, and they can have fish, beef, and pork, but you don't want to feed it to them before they are at least 3 months old. You want to start them on soft food at about 6 weeks old, and then you want to start introducing the solids a little at a time, as they need to let their teeth adjust to the hard food. The food is formulated for them so that they are getting all the nourishment that they need from that. Hope this helps you out.
It's best to feed them none, but ham, or meat that has natural products on it is ok, they also like cheese, but make sure it is natural.
Well I have kittens by my house often and I feed them farina like the people food and they like it its safe also you just add warm water mix it together and there you go just give it to them
I have fed my new kitten cold cuts, like turkey or ham and it ate it just fine.
Answer King Profile
Answer King answered
Some foods yes but do not give your foods like garlic, onion, chocolate ect. Be careful what you give your cat.
alex hendrson Profile
alex hendrson answered
It depends on what food it is but if you think you can feed them it go ahead for example tuna, steak, porkchop, and hamburger meat.
Jacquelyn Mathis Profile
They usually shouldn't eat human food, but a bite or two of some meat, if they like it, or a little cheese is o.k. But, if you are in need of something to feed the kitty because you don't have the food for it, you can give fish, a little cheese, or a little milk, but really the milk might cause some diarrhea also. I have one of my cats that likes cantelope, lol but she only gets a little nibble. Just remember not to feed it to them all the time. Hope this helps, good luck to you and the kitty.

Anonymous