What cat breed(s) are best suited for hot weather?

3

HappyTo BeHereTo Profile

There are several breeds suited for cold climates, but none I know of especially suited for heat.

If you are in a tropical climate or an area with rough summers, you may wish to avoid the following cold weather breeds:  Norwegian Forest, Maine Coon, Siberian, Ragdoll, Angora, Persian, Himalayan and Russian Blue.  If you have one of these, take the heat precautions!

Do NOT shave your cat.  The fur prevents sunburn and provinsulation.  If you have a hypoallergenic hairless cat, keep it out of the sun.

Here's one of the many sites with hot weather tips to keep your furry friends safe, healthy and comfortable.

http://www.thedailycat.com/health/safety/keep_cat_cool_summer/

Kathleen Griffin Profile

I think it is not so important. As I know any breed should do fine. If you will choose some specific breed, you can find many information about it in internet. Personally I'm a fan of male Siberian cats, they are really so cool and smart! Just check the photos.

Anonymous