I hope your puppy has got better since you asked about him throwing up clear liquid, but in case you still need some advice I thought I'd share it here!
According to vetinfo.com, it can be quite normal that your puppy vomits clear liquid occasionally as he starts to learn what is good for him to eat and what's not. Some of the common reasons for a puppy throwing up clear liquid include (I've highlighted the most common ones):
- Drinking too much water
- Eating something that disagrees with him
- Ate too much
However, there are a few more serious reasons for him vomiting clear liquid that you should take into account:
- Allergic reaction to food or medicines
- More serious gastric problems
Steps to take to diagnose and treat your puppy
- Take note of any other symptoms or signs that might show that your puppy is in general ill health.
- Try to keep tabs on what's happening when the symptoms occur.
- Take your puppy to the vet as soon as possible after you notice he's vomiting.
- The vet will use the notes you've made to try to build up a picture of what is wrong with your dog. They might check for internal injury and may take a blood and/or stool sample to determine any gastric problems or parasites.
- To treat your puppy the vet may recommend changing exercise levels, or if it is a gastric problem then they will prescribe medicines. It may even be worth changing the food your puppy eats if that is what is disagreeing with him.