Anonymous

What Happens If My Dog Drinks Bleach?

7 Answers

Jean-Marc Bissonnette Profile
Depends how much bleach was in the water... I would give him water and wait, if he doesn't vomit, he will likely be ok. If you are worried call the vet or take him to the vet.
Elyn Okumura Profile
Elyn Okumura answered
GO TO THE VET NOW! Bleach is toxic!
Arthur Wright Profile
Arthur Wright answered
Notify Vet immediately as to give more water or not  here to dilute down
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Most bleach contains 6% sodium hypochlorite. This chemical can cause burns to the oral cavity, esophagus, and stomach. The damage to the esophagus can cause an esophageal stricture--this can be very serious. If the bleach proceeded into the lungs than aspiration pneumonia will likely occur.
Treatment is aimed at supportive care and gastrointestinal protectants. Seek veterinary medical attention for your dog.

Answer Question

Anonymous