why does my cat's breath smell like a sewer from hell?

7

Because it's a cat!!!!

Bad tooth, bad diet, or a GI issue.

They lick their butts! Perhaps it is what they lick! LOL!

Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
I was hoping I didn't sound mean.... Sorry Thrice. :0(
I am a "germaphobe" in recovery and have been witnessing my moms dog licking my 2 year old's lips, teeth and tongue! My mom thinks its funny and cute. I want to vomit.
Jann Nikka
Jann Nikka commented
Excellent LOL
otis campbell
otis campbell commented
Only dogs do that
KB Baldwin Profile
KB Baldwin answered

Most likely a dental problem.  They can develop some fairly severe dental issues without  any outward sign.  My car began having bad breath.  Trip to the vet showed massive plaque build-up and 4 teeth were so rotten they had to come out,  Breath was much better afterward,  and I am sure the cat felt better.  A friend failed to notice the problem, and by the time it was really noticeable the cat couldn't overcome the infection and died

. 

Bikergirl Anonymous Profile

Severe bad breath can be caused from a few things .. But primarily it is either dental or digestive issues. A vet could determine which it is .. In either case your cat is not healthy and could use some medical care

Anonymous